Many businesses have employment agreements with their staff that allow for un-paid breaks to be given based on shift length.
Rather than manually calculating and communicating unpaid break allowances for staff each time you roster, simply set rules on your account which will apply automatically.
1. Go to the Settings tab
Firstly, click on the "Settings" tab and then click the "General Settings" section.
2. Set Unpaid Break rules
The "Unpaid Break" section will open by default.
To set your rules, simply indicate the unpaid break allowances that should be applied to shifts based on their length using the drop down times on the right of screen.
For example below the following rules have been set:
- For shifts lengths up to 5 hours = no unpaid break
- For shift lengths for 5-6 hours = 30 minute unpaid break
- For shift lengths for 6-7 hours = 30 minute unpaid break
- For shift lengths for 7-8 hours = 30 minute unpaid break
- For shift lengths for 8 hours + = 60 minute unpaid break